Abiodun Waheed Hassan, an insurance broker, alongside his firm, Bestworth Insurance Brokers Limited was arraigned on Thursday, February 25, on a five-count charge of misappropriating over N26billion pension fund.
Hassan was arraigned by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), before Justice S.C Oriji of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, Apo, Abuja.
Abiodun allegedly diverted into private accounts the money meant for the payment of outstanding insurance premiums and claims of deceased and incapacitated staff of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).
The insurance broker in count one of the charge diverted N26 billion paid into the insurance firm account into another bank account on January 25, 2015. Count five of the charge alleged that Abiodun misappropriated six billion naira.
He, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges. Justice Oriji adjourned the matter till March 4, 2021 for hearing on the bail application and remanded defendant in EFCC custody.
EFCC arraign insurance broker for diverting N26billion PHCN pension
Nikky, , news updates, 0
There’s no soft life in Nigeria, hence why people with money are leaving — OAP Deji Faremi
Nikky, , news updates, 0
Ensure you come first always— Actress Funke Akindele advises
Alorbam, , news updates, 0
Chef Uriel has taken to her social media page to lament how she was blocked by potential suitor after...
- Singer Monique buys her mom a house on her birthday May 22, 2022
- 25-yr-old teacher arrested for defiling his 13-yr-old student May 22, 2022
- Fans gift BBN’s Emmanuel N13million on his 25th birthday May 22, 2022
- Media Personality Maureen apologizes to her ex-husband, actor Blossom Chukwujekwu’s new wife, Ehinome May 22, 2022
- Traffic vendor left disappointed as singer Skiibii teases him with $100 bill May 22, 2022
- Marrying the wrong person is like… — Media Personality, Shade Ladipo May 22, 2022
- Lady calls out her boyfriend after she saw him on a dating app May 22, 2022
- Money does not give you the right to disrespect others — Singer Davido May 22, 2022
- Heavy Rainfall: Two-storey building under construction coll@pses in Lagos, one person confirmed de@d May 22, 2022
- S. Africans demand justice after an Army Major allegedly k#lled his girlfriend for dumping him May 22, 2022
⭐Rating: 1 out of 5.
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- October 2019
- September 2019